At First & Little Boutique we strive to be leaders in fashion, not followers, so that means our promise to you is that we will continue doing our homework and continuing our education to identify upcoming trends, colors, styles etc. All of our team members are passionate about fashion and all four of our First & Little Fashion Advisors are certified personal stylists!
Our First & Little team invests in buying trips in person to New York and the West Coast several times a year to touch, feel and see the quality of each piece. Our team of Fashion Advisors also ensure you invest in pieces that compliment you while having the best cost per wear by lasting season after season. With that being said, 2020 is a new you...a new decade. It’s time to PUT YOURSELF FIRST and update your wardrobe with staple pieces and some fun on trend pieces for Spring/Summer 2020 to compliment those staple pieces!! Remember our motto, FASHION is what you buy, but STYLE is what you do with it!
Let’s take a look at some of the biggest trends we saw on the designer runways! We translated these trends from the designer runways so they makes sense for our clients. We will be on the lookout for these trends during our big SS/20 New York buying trip...
1. Tropical 🌴 print everything! Fabrics were nature inspired...prints with palm fronds, exotic flowers, ocean life and sunsets were all over the runways.
2. Black is the new Black 🖤 nothing makes us happier than seeing black everywhere on the Spring/Summer runway. It’s back in a big way, always classic and anything but boring!
3. Hot Girl Summer is back!!👙We saw tons of lingerie as outerwear looks including dresses, camis, bralettes etc. Bras by themselves are the new crop top for Summer 2020. If this look is too daring for you, you can also do a sheer sweater or top over your bra or style the bikini top look with a high waisted bottom.
4. Shorts have taken over as the new skirt for SS20! We saw shorts and hot pants everywhere in different lengths, color, styles and materials. The Hermès runway showed short shorts while the Givenchy runway showed Bermuda style shorts, so there should be an option for everyone this season. We saw shorts as party wear and smart casual options paired with blazers too. We love how Chanel styled short shorts with black tights too!
5. Trench coats 🧥 are perfect for those rainy Spring days! The classic beige, double breasted trench belongs as a staple in everyone’s wardrobe. We saw so many options for this timeless piece on the runway including some fun wide collar options and color contrasting collar options for both blazers and trench coats.
6. Handmade is feminine and fashionable! We saw tons of crochet, glam feathers, lace and other embellishments on the runway. We will be on the lookout for some feminine crochet and lace sweaters to go over slip dresses this upcoming season. We might also bring some glam feathers in for SS/20 evening wear options.
7. Tiered skirts and dresses 👗 We especially love the versatility of tiered maxi skirts! You can dress them up with the right shoe and blouse or make them beachy casual with sandals and a crop or bikini top. We will be on the hunt for the perfect tiered maxi skirt to bring to First & Little!
8. Retro 60’s and 70’s prints ruled the runways!! “Groundbreaking” florals for Spring took a backseat to retro inspired prints. Think back to the major color or patterns on your grandma’s curtains, wallpaper or couch.
9. Leather for Spring/Summer 2020...say what?! You know we love our faux leather especially our faux leather Spanx leggings and man made vegan leather bags, so this trend has us super excited!! All the rules for leather being strictly Fall/Winter no longer apply! We saw leather in fun on trend colors for SS/20 all over the runway. And speaking of color trends for SS/20, we are loving all the top Pantone colors for SS/20.
10. Polka dots...we love a timeless print like polka dots! We saw polka dots in all sizes but really loved the fresh take on the enlarged polka dot prints as seen at Carolina Herrera! We will be on the lookout for a great guest of wedding enlarged polka dot dress on our big buying trip to New York.
We want to hear from YOU....what SS/20 trends and colors are you most excited for?!